Today was fairly full. I woke up 10 until breakfast and showered quickly. Ate some jelly toast and had quiet time in a little corner. Class that morning-mainly more explanation on the purpose of the DTS itself, their mission statement, what University of the Nations is, and requirements of me as a student. The evening classes were spent hearing the staffs testimonies. Below are pictures of groups of four-drawing their mission statement. Fairly well done if I do say so myself! Our group did the globe and heart picture.
Later we were assigned practical ministries-ie work. My job is dinner clean up crew! Yay. But I had fun actually and did dishes mainly. With a power hose. Which is. Interesting. And wet. And working with other people who don't speak English is so much fun. Its a challenge to teach/help them understand you. And the same for them too! There's also a Swiss DTS 10 month program running-and there's a bunch of younger, 15.16 year old boys and girls from here in Switzerland/Germany who don't speak English at all but are obviously missing their homes.
Went on a walk in the gorgeous swiss forest today with a few girls. And had a blast tramping through mossy misty glades with tall pines and a quiet, Lord of the Rings feel. Its so peaceful. Different from any forest I've ever been in somehow. The two girls didn't speak English well so it was fun to fill in blank words they were trying to match to their German words. Like she called the deer Bambies. And I died laughing she was so adorably cute.
We also found a lady in the forest picking wild mushrooms. We communicated to her in our basic French that we wanted her to take our picture. I showed her how but she took my iphone and flipped it over and took a picture of herself on accident! I just said magnific and she took one more. Blurry but a good memory.
![]() |
| The French lady who took our picture. And her own picture. |
![]() |
| Friends on a walk in the woods! Rachel, Deborah, Alex and I! |





No comments:
Post a Comment