I had a safe flight to O'Hare and my incredible parents got on the same flight on their way to Seattle- so I got to sit with them the first leg and chat. I miss them already <3 As the first "baby to fly the nest," Mom did cry. I was not embarrassed. I did too. But sniffle- were all good!
Arrived safety- and after saying my goodbyes, Ben met me just outside of the doors to pick me up for an afternoon on the city! And as a gentleman- carried my heavy backpack. We went straight to the Swiss Consulate and GOT MY VISA. I smiled in the picture. The Chinese girl at Walgreens forgot to tell me not too. And goodness I know better. Guess I was excited. So guys I'm grinning like a moron in that student visa. Ben and I had lunch and walked and shopped :) parking is not cheap on Michigan Avenue. But it was a blast!!!
I got to my gate safety and they packed us on quickly and efficiently as the Swiss should. We pulled out to the runway- and then went back twice to unload a drunk passenger. And then to have his cargo bags searched. But hey we're flying over Paris as I type this and were right on schedule to touch down in 40 minutes!
My little sisters drew me pictures. And hid them in my carry on. Of a beach and a horse in a stable. And I teared up.
Airplane food is....well it's airplane food and there's no better way to describe it folks. I'm hungry. And people keep speaking German to me. At least I think its German...Once I land- I'll find my dear friend Eliza and I'll be in good hands :)
I'll report to y'all again soon!
Oh my they just gave me chocolate. This may end up being a good trip...;)



No comments:
Post a Comment